Radon is a colorless, odorless gas that seeps into buildings. It is created by the decay of naturally occurring radioactive material found all across the globe. The results of having a house with high levels of radon gas are serious. Radon itself quickly decays into particles that cause cancer. The second leading cause of cancer is RADON. This is not an opinion it is a fact. The effects of radon were studied for decades on the cancer rates among uranium miners by many different countries.
Radon testing is relatively inexpensive and usually the cost of reducing radon levels in a structure is manageable. If you haven't had your house tested please do so!